Meet Me

Wednesday, December 09, 2015

So just today, roughly two months after I started this blog, I finally got my theme looking how I want. So I thought to celebrate, I'd finally get round to introducing myself.

Who am I exactly? Sometimes I'm not entirely sure.

My full name is Ella Prisca Tait and I'm 21. I was born in Auckland, although I live in Wellington now. I am currently studying Design, majoring in Photography with a minor in Journalism at Massey University. I initially wanted to study law and politics, I even got a scholarship. However I soon realised that my life was destined for greater things. All I've really wanted to do ever since I was young was travel and write and take photos and drink wine and climb mountains and swim oceans and... well, you get the picture. I want adventure and happiness, not a desk job. When I leave uni I'd quite like to be a photojournalist or a documentary photographer or a travel writer. But then again I'm also very interested in forensics and have seriously thought about joining the police. I've certainly got dreams and aspirations, only the higher powers know where I'll end up.

Since the dawn of human civilisation, we have searched for a purpose. Life's meaning. Why we are here, where we are heading, who we are. After all, what is the point of it all? It is a question I've pondered from a young age. When I was in high school, I excelled. However in my later years I've began to ask myself what the point of studying and stressing and crying was. I'm not saying I wished I'd slacked off. My Mum and Aunty have always instilled in me the value of a good education and hard work, and school is and will always be incredibly important to me. What I am saying is that I've recently realised not maintaining a straight-A average is not the end of the world. In the end, living is far more important. Travel, love, culture, experience, and of course, happiness. To be happy is my ultimate goal in this life.

The need to travel is kinda programmed into my genetic code. My Mum left school at seventeen, and worked until her mid twenties before she took off. She met my Father, who then worked as a truck driver, hitchhiking through Austria is the early 90s. After a year and half together, my Mother left. Barefoot and pregnant she hitchhiked across Europe in the middle of winter to get to England. She later returned to New Zealand, had me, and became a professional Firefighter. I was raised by her with the help of my mad Grandmother and batty Aunt. The three of them are troopers to say the least, and as a result I ended up a fiercely independent Feminist with a strong interest in politics, incapable of holding my tongue with a short temper. I've never met my Father, who now works as a freelance photojournalist, nor my half brother or any of my Austrian family, but I wouldn't say I'm any less of a person because of it. I love my family, and wouldn't change my upbringing for the world.

I'm a vegetarian, a firm believer in Reincarnation, and I love to read. My favourite novels would be The Bell Jar, The Handmaid's Tale and Wuthering Heights. The three of them sit by my bed and I visit them whenever I need comfort. I also love music and will listen to just about anything.

I also think too much. Just this morning I was making breakfast, as you do. A light breeze was blowing in through the window, and the sweet smell of summer was rolling through the dusty atmosphere of my kitchen. Still drowsy with sleep, with stiff limbs and sore eyes, I came to the sudden realisation that the meaning of life is a banana and peanut butter smoothie. I'm assuming that this conclusion made sense at the time because I immediately commenced writing a lengthy blogpost backing up my claims. For a full ten minutes the post encapsulated my attention before I got distracted, I think by the way the sunlight was filtering in through the window. If I recall correctly, it was beautiful. I would say I have a very short attention span, but I can also be somewhat obsessive. I'm complicated to say the least, but then again I compel you to find a human being who is not.

Anyway that's all I really have to say right now.
Until next time babes xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let me know what you think!

Popular

Visitors